At the beginning of any relationship, we hope that it will be happy and loving, but staying close and dedicated to each other is a difficult process and, in the end, for some, it is undeniably better to separate, rather than continue the pain and suffering.

If you are married and/or have children, the separation is complicated by the fact that not only do you have to deal with the emotions of separation but also need to go through filing legal papers and perhaps a proceeding in court.

The Law Office of Richard S. Pakola, PLLC handles all areas of Family Law, to include:

  • Contested / Uncontested Divorces
  • Separation Agreements
  • Maintenance (Alimony) / Spousal Support
  • Equitable Distribution of Property
  • Custody and Child Support
  • Modifications of Support and Other Court Orders
  • Enforcement of Court Orders
  • Civil Unions
  • Visitation
  • Paternity
  • Parental Rights
  • Adoption
  • Domestic Violence and Family Offense Proceedings
  • Orders of Protection
  • Neglect and other Child Protective Proceedings
  • Pre- / Post-Nuptial Agreement
  • Persons in Need of Supervision (PINS) and Criminal Offenses Committed by Juveniles

Many attorneys in the field of Family Law charge a fee for an initial consultation.  I do not.  I believe that hiring an attorney for a Family Law matter is such an important decision that you should speak to multiple attorneys to see who you feel most comfortable with.  Family Law proceedings generally take a long time to resolve, and given the intimacy of the issues involved, you should make sure that you feel comfortable with your attorney.

My practice is client-centered, and I tailor how I handle each case to the specifics of the client and the legal issues involved. 

Many attorneys do not like the practice of Family Law, but I find that this is one area of law where the right attorney can make a huge difference in a client's life, for example, in fighting for appropriate child custody and support.

If you have any legal issues relating to Family Law, please call me at (845) 398-2734, so we can discuss your case.